1. Information Collected. In order to use certain features of the website(s), you must provide certain personal information, which may include your name, a billing address, e-mail address, and age range. Aequs may also request additional personal information from you. This information provides us with demographic data that we can use to improve the services offered to you and allows us to identify content relevant to your interests. This information also allows us to perform billing functions when you purchase something from us, synchronization of information available on the website(s), network management, customer service; identify content of interest to you; and engage in other exchanges of information with you. You may update or review your information by selecting the appropriate option when using this/these website(s).
In addition to the personal information listed above, Aequs will automatically log users’ Internet protocol (IP) addresses, and possibly session sources, and other data that tracks users’ access to and use of the website(s).
2. Cookies. The website(s) will store a small data file (a “cookie”) on your hard drive when you visit it. A cookie contains information the website(s) uses to track the pages you have visited and to save your preferences. Cookies do not contain any personal information and cannot read data from your hard disk or read the files created by other websites. Cookies are used to determine when a user is a repeat visitor, to allow Aequs to link users to their personal accounts. Cookies may also be used to verify your log-in and for other reasons. You may choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options, but this may prevent you being able to access all areas of this/these website(s).
3. Use of Website(s) by Children. This/these website(s) is intended for use by adults 18 years of age or older and children over the age of 13. You may not use the website(s) if you are under the age of 13. By using this/these website(s), you agree to provide us with accurate information concerning your age or identity if we request it. You also agree not to assist children under the age of 13 to access the website(s) or to attempt to contact children under 13 through the website(s). We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. Should we learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete that information from our database.
4. Use of Information. Information collected from users may be analyzed for sales and marketing purposes, monitoring and improving the performance and security of the system, personalizing the website(s) to users’ needs, and research. Aequs may record and use non-personal information or aggregated personal information for users of this/these website(s) to determine the demographics of its users or to distribute statistics and general marketplace information. Aequs may disclose aggregated users statistics in order to describe its services to prospective business partners, other third parties, and for other lawful purposes. Specific users will not be identified in this aggregated information.
By using this/these website(s), you automatically grant Aequs permission the right to share information with Firmex, the professor teaching the course, the professor’s teaching assistants, other assistants, other students where applicable, and the institution where the course is taught.
It is necessary for us to share your personal information with third party service providers that perform certain functions on our behalf, including processing information that you provide to us on the website(s), operating the website(s) or portions of it, or in connection with our business.
Personal information you disclose or post to a public area of the website(s) might be collected and used by others. We cannot prevent such uses. Public areas on the website(s) may include, but are not limited to discussion forums, e-mail lists, listserves, chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups, and other places where your name appears or becomes available to the instructor and other students in that course. Any personal information you disclose in any of these areas becomes public and you should be cautious when deciding to disclose your personal information.
At your request, we may send you emails about Aequs or Firmex, and their new products and other updates. You may request additional information by providing your e-mail address on the website in the location indicated in the footer for Newsletter Subscription. You may also request information when logging into https://.aequs.firmex.com the first time.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your express consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no. You may withdraw your consent for us to contact you for this purpose by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If Aequs is purchased by or merges with another company, your personal information will be transferred to that company in order to continue to serve you.
5. Security. Any personal information that you have provided is stored on servers at locations designed to prevent unauthorized individuals from accessing your information, the server or its data (in most cases, these servers are provided by third party contractors to Aequs.). However, we cannot guarantee that those security measures will be effective because no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure. If you provide Aequs with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards. Aequs is not liable if your information is accessed by an unauthorized individual.
Last updated: 10/08/2014